Friday 27 September 2013

How Do I Work? (and you)

I saw the blog by Joeyanne Libraryanne about how she works and she asked for others to answer too, so this is my version of how do I work;

Location: Far North of Scotland
Current gig: Network Librarian
Current mobile device: ancient touch phone
Current computer: branded tower running windows 7
One word that best describes how you work: in fits and startsP

What apps/software/tools can't you live without?Chrome which allows me to check spellings in any windowP

What's your workspace like?Messy but changing as I sort and deal with all that crosses my desk each dayP

What's your best time-saving trick? dealing with emails as they comein so I dont miss things later.P

What's your favorite to-do list manager? made my own one, which I then bound into a book so I can check back and get satisfaction seeing work done.P

Besides your phone and computer, what gadget can't you live without?my Kindle which I take everywhere and read when ever I get two minutes peace.

What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?networking the right person into the right space. also prevaricating for team GB.P

What are you currently reading? The Man Booker Prize short list, and Ocean at the end of the Lane

What do you listen to while you work? Chatter as I am based in the library at all time.P

Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert? Extrovert mostly but I do like peace as well.P

What's your sleep routine like? Aim for 9 hours a night get 7 to 8 mostly.P

Fill in the blank: I'd love to see ______ answer these same questions. Ned Potter As I am admirer of his work and blogging.P

What's the best advice you've ever received?  If you feel you can't do it, fake it till you make it, you will find you can from somewhere. Also do not be afraid to make and own up to mistakes, how can you learn if you don't.

Is there anything else you'd like to add? I like reading these done by others as I learn more things and how to cope with new issues.P

No comments:

Post a Comment